Richard Heinz, Chief of Police  
Roseville, Michigan

 

Serving the community with Pride, Honor, and Integrity since 1967

 
Located approximately 20 miles north of Detroit, Michigan, Roseville was originally known in 1837 as Orange Township. In 1843 the name was changed to Erin Township. Two years after the establishment of Erin Township the population had grown to 721 although, the area was about 4 times the present size of the city of Roseville. The name Roseville has been attributed by many to have come from the first Postmaster of the town, named Rose however, records of the true origin of the city name have been lost with time. The first 1 room school house was built in 1850. In 1870 the 1 room school house was replaced with a more spacious building that housed 50 to 60 pupils. In 1898 the worlds longest electric railroad at the time passed through Roseville connecting Detroit with Port Huron. By 1904 the population for Erin Township had grown to 2,299. In 1910 Lake Township separated from Erin Township and later became the city of St. Clair Shores. In 1926 the charter was drawn up and Roseville was incorporated as a village and the municipal building was erected in 1929. By 1951 the Post Office of Roseville became a first class Post Office and in 1958 the Village of Roseville became the City of Roseville. The Roseville Police Reserve was established in 1967 and today is comprised of 30 members headed by Unit Commander John Palimino
 
Interested in being a reserve? Contact Lt. Tom Suminski
Roseville Police Department, 586.775.2100
 

Comments@rosevillecop.com

 

Web design and hosting by Lawrence Park Place 2010 copyright Roseville Police Reserves. All rights reserved.  Links